Non-members need a yearly range card ($15) for access to the range and $24 per hour for a lane rental. An additional person may share the range for $15 per hour. Members do not pay for lane rentals based on their membership level benefits
We welcome all rifle calibers up to .308Win/30-06 Springfield, and all pistol calibers. Shotguns are allowed with slugs only, outside of the shotgun class where we will cover patterning. Please no green tip, tracer rounds, armor piercing, or incendiary ammunition. When in doubt, please ask a Range Safety Officer or YGC Staff Member.
You do not need your own firearm to enjoy the range. We offer a variety of handguns, rifles, suppressors, and submachine guns for rent.
The standard age to participate on the range at YGC is 10 years old.
Shooters under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian on the lane at all times.
- Always follow the Four Firearms Safety Rules.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including appropriate eye and hearing protection, must be always worn on the range.
- Firearms must remain unloaded until the shooter is on the firing line and instructed to load by qualified range personnel.
- No food, drink, gum, or smoking is allowed on the range.
- Follow all commands from YGC range personnel. The Range Safety Officer (RSO) on duty has final approval of firearms or ammunition allowed on the range.
- Keep all firearms cased (or holstered if allowed) until on the firing line.
- Place all firearms on the shooting point bench with muzzles downrange and actions open until ready for use.
- Do not handle firearms behind the firing line for any reason.
- Only two people are allowed per shooting point or lane at a time.
- If you drop something in front of the firing line, ask range personnel for assistance in retrieving it.
- Fire only at your designated target. No cross-lane shooting is allowed.
- No unaimed fire or hip shooting is allowed. Do not allow your firearm to dangle or turn with a gun in your hand.
- Only shooters who have been validated by YGC via appropriate procedures may draw from a holster. No exceptions.
- Only controlled rapid fire is allowed. Automatic fire is allowed only on designated bays.
- In the event a “CEASE FIRE!” is called, immediately safely bench your firearm with the muzzle pointed downrange, then follow all commands from range personnel.
- Do not leave firearms unattended on the range.
- If you experience a problem or malfunction with your firearm, safely place it on the bench with the muzzle downrange and notify range personnel.
- Once finished shooting, safely unload all firearms, then bring your firearms case up to the shooting point to stow your firearm(s).
- Place all trash in the containers provided.
- CLOTHING- Tank tops, low-cut V-necks, shirts with spaghetti straps, open-toed shoes, flip-flops, western boots (not covered by clothing) or any other clothing that allows ejected brass cases to be trapped to the body are prohibited.
- Standard age minimum for entrance to the range is 10 years old (with parent or guardian). Shooters under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a guardian of at least 21 years of age.
- Up to .308 Winchester ammo is allowed.
- No steel core, green tip, armor-piercing, tracer, or incendiary rounds are allowed.
- No shotgun birdshot or buckshot is allowed (except in a YGC training class).
- Only ammunition supplied by YGC is allowed in YGC rental firearms.
- Steel, Bi-metal jacketed and steel core ammo are NOT allowed